I am learning - always learning - and I have found out, just this week, that building blogs is a little bit tougher than I thought. I have learned that digital scrapbook kits are not "legal" without licenses, so now I know why other blog designers charge $80-90 to redo blogs. Some licenses alone run $30.00 for one blog. WOW - so, in my learning, I will have to restructure my prices - base fee for any blog makeover is now $45.00. If you want a three column blog, special sidebar titles, tabs, specialty items - click HERE to see the pricing. Special signatures are another $10.00 each. IF you are wanting to use a digital kit - then visit the places I have listed in my sidebar and we can determine how much your kit will cost WITH a copyright license purchased. IF you just want a stock image - or image of your own, with a background, then I will only charge the additional stock image cost (I have websites you can visit to obtain these - there are some great ones out there.) and of course, your own photos, add nothing to our cost UNLESS we have to purchase digital papers/elements to add to your header.
One more thing I'd like to offer is that whenever I build you a blog makeover or even just a header, I will ALWAYS swap out photos for you in your header as long as that is all you want changed - for FREE!! Anytime you have a new photo you'd like inserted - just let me know and I am happy to do that - it's just part of the deal for having me build your blog!
I hope this makes sense - I would still LOVE to build your blog, but I also want to go about it the safest and most cost-effective way for you - so let's work together and make you a blog you are thrilled with! Email Me if you'd like to ask any questions or get in line for a blog makover!
**OK - since typing this post, I am finding out that some designers will let you use their kits for no additional charge - so here's my new plan - you just go out and find some that you like - and we will ask them! It never hurts to ask! If they say, "No," then we'll discuss purchasing licenses.
**Designers that have given their OK to any of their kits: (this is just for me as a blog builder - NOT to others unless they ask.)
Mindy Terasawa - Designer Digitals
Monica Larson - Digital Designs
Kelley Prahl - Caffeine Created Designs (willing to work with me to design for customers!!)
Mamrotka - Stone Accents Studio
Tracy Ann Designs
Dusty Bear
Heather Roselli - Sweet Shoppe Designs plus $10.00 charge
Ztampf - ALL of their work is ok to use!
Ivy's Inspirations - ALL ok to use.
Rachael's Scrap Store
Heather Ann Designs - ALL ok to use.
Jenni Rousseau at Digital Candy - ALL ok to use
Designs by Krista
Shabby Shoppe - all kits add an extra $25.00 to use to build blogs
Kari Hentzelt - Scrapbook-Bytes
Jennifer Trippetti - JMT-Art
Calalily Designs - Digital Candy - ALL ok to use
Vivayne - Digital Arts Cafe - ALL ok to use
Paula Phillips Designs - ALL ok to use (I purchase and you reimburse me with the cost of your blog makeover.)
Enchanted Studio Scraps - ALL Scrap for Hire ok to use, and ALL Paula Phillips Designs
Shabby Pickle Designs - Julie Bullock - $15.00 License to use her kits
Shabby Pickle Designs - Laura Deacetis - $15.00 License to use her kits
Sugarplum Paperie - ALL work by Nicole Seitler ok to use
Digital Divas Designs - ALL work by Ashley Bailey ok to use
Rowena Field - ALL of her work - Selling designs at Blue Bazaar, A Cherry On Top, Divine Digital and Faith Sisters (My blog: http://willrownco.blogspot.com/)
KB and Friends - all kits here approved.
Liz Hutchison - Sweet Digi Scraps - Gotta Pixel, Been There Scrapped That, A Cherry On Top all designs ok to use.
Christian Anderson AKA WimpyChompers at Digital Candy - all kits Scrap4Hire so will work for blogs.
Designs by Sassy - ALL ok - Scrap for Hire Friendly
Viva Artistry - MOST kits already approved (can not be collab. kits) - just have to email for final approval
Southern Creek Designs - ALL ok
Jesse Edwards - Designer Digitals
Isabel Mendez - Crisdam Designs - A Cherry On Top and Gotta Pixel - ALL ok for me to use.
Designs by Tina - ALL ok to use
Em-Ka Designs - ALL ok to use
Krista over at Dixie Pieces has given permisson on ALL of her work!
Since our family has completed our adoption - I'd like to give back to a grant fund that has given SO much to our family and other families like ours. Katelyn's Fund is a wonderful adoption grant foundation and gives thousands of dollars away each year to adoptive families. Most of my proceeds will now go to this worthy foundation ~ in memory of Katelyn.
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Building Blog Info
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All Template Designs by Busy Mama Blog Design are licensed under a 
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
Search This Blog
FYI :
Just to inform you : When Busy Mama Blog Designs creates a blog layout using Internet Explorer (IE), it does not always appear the same for Mozilla Firefox (MF) users. This is not new for IE/MF. Blogger has had this incongruency throughout its existence. Recent clients have had these problems too. It is impossible for this design team to overcome all the design issues between the two browsers because they are a blogger issue. Because of this, I am making a formal policy to only guarantee blog layouts in Internet Explorer. Thank you for your understanding.









No comments:
Post a Comment